Conayt Friendship Society is looking for a qualified and motivated individual for the position of Facilities Maintenance Manager. This is a full-time position. The Facilities Maintenance Manager
is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the activities involved in the efficient operations of the Conayt Friendship Society’s Housing program. S/he provides leadership and
supervision to program employees and service contractors. S/he also ensures the safety and protection of the tenant’s rights and the organization’s assets are always respected and secured.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Housing Manager ensures the Housing program remains efficient, effective, and accountable to the Society’s Membership and Board of Directors, funding
partners, and stakeholders.
- Interpret and conform to federal, provincial, and local laws, as well as Society Constitution & Bylaws.
- Liaison with external agencies, organizations, members, and stakeholders.
- Attend and participate in training courses, performance reviews, and staff development programs when made available, recommended and/or required.
- Reflect the mission, values, and goals of the Society always.
- Provide input and recommendations to the Executive Director for project proposals and toolkit development.
- Evaluate the performance of program staff.
- Ensure all required administrative duties are completed, copied to appropriate individuals/agencies, and filed.
- Ensure program functions within the operating budget for the year.
- Accurately track and submit program expenses, invoices, and stipends tracking.
- Preferably 1–3-year related management experience, or business administration degree.
- BC Drivers License, reliable transportation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Solid time management, with the ability to complete and prioritize a variety of tasks within a given timeline, with adherence to important deadlines.
- Knowledge of residential tenancy legislation and housing related issues.
- Knowledge of tendering and contracting process.
- Knowledge of Urban Native Housing Programs.
- Communications, problem-solving, negotiating, decision making, and judgement skills.
- Maintain trust and confidentiality with clients.
- Maintain clear and accurate records.
- Identify priorities when there are conflicting demands.
Position open until filled
The successful candidate must pass a Criminal Record Check. As per section 16 of the Federal Charter of Human Rights Act, preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
We thank all individuals for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Submit a cover letter and resume to:
Conayt Friendship Society
PO BOX 1989
Merritt BC, V1K 1B7