Job Description: Full Time
The Friendship Center is seeking an Aboriginal Head Start Coordinator for our Licensed Child Care Facility on the campus of Nicola Valley Institute of Technology. The coordinator will be responsible for developing and managing the day-to-day operations of the Head Start program and staff.
Qualifications: Basic ECE License to Practice
• Strong leadership skills
• Knowledge and experience with Head Start programs
• Management or supervisory experience
• Experience with proposal writing and reporting to funders
• Knowledge of Indigenous culture and Metis culture
• Knowledge of community resources
• Maintains Licensing standards as well as Aboriginal Head Start Principles
• Valid First Aid Certificate
• Strong knowledge and experience in Early Childhood Development
• Skills in administration functions such as Microsoft Office
• Experience managing a childcare facility
• Experience with program development
• Knowledge of Outdoor Education for young children
Join our team in this exciting adventure of opening an Urban Head Start Program on the NVIT Campus.
Rate: $33.00 per hour plus benefits
As per Section 16 of the Federal Charter of Human Rights Act, preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Resumes will be reviewed on January 20th, 2022
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Conayt Friendship Society
PO Box 1989
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the job posting